Summary of Watershed Development Projects approved by NABARD.
Name of Watersheds
Total Extent (ha.)
No. of families covered
(Rs. in crores)
1. Organising Village Watershed Development Committees and their institutional development:
- Awareness building on watershed development
- Formation of Village Watershed Development Committee
- Capacity Building for watershed committees
- Small Group formation
- Organisation of MACs.
2. Soil and Moisture conservation activities:
Various types of soil and moisture conservation activities are taken up in the cultivated lands, including earthen contour bunding, stone contour bunding, border bunding across the slope etc.
3. Rain Water Harvesting and drainage line treatment:
1) Gully plugs 2) Dug out ponds 3)Rock fill dams 4) Check walls 5) Check dams 6) Percolation tanks7) Diversion drains 8) Water absorption trenches9) Farm contour Bunds 10)Farm ponds.
4. Vegetation and Biomass Development interventions:
1)Bund planting, 2) Common land plantations 3)Seed dibbling on farm bunds etc.,
5. Farm production interventions:
1. Tree-based Horticulture 2) Rainfed Agronomical practices 3) Drought-resilient cropping systems
6. Livelihood Support Activities for the landless.
10% of the total budget was allocated for promoting off-farm and non-farm livelihood activities for the landless and other poor.